Why try to fit in when you were mean't to stand out. We are all unique in God's image right. Well that's how it's suppose to be any how. We are constantly comparing ourselves on a daily basis thanks to social media. We see perfectly cut images of our friends and other people who look way too perfect that we try to look like them. We spend hours perfecting our Instagram accounts to fit a mold that everyone does. We try to be different but all end up looking the same in the end. But we all do it!!! whatever is the current trend that year even that month we all jump to post it. In reality, we don't know what pain someone is going through, or the amount of self image problems we have, I've struggled with it for years. We want likes and followers. It only lead to self depression and wanting more and more of it. But there are real people behind these accounts! I am a person, and I have feelings. We need to be kinder to ourselves and other people. I used to think t...
There is an underlying issue that I don't talk about much, maybe to friends who I really trust. How do you explain when all you know is a broken heart, but have never ever gotten flowers before from a guy, not even a date. Not once have I ever experienced that amazing thing they call having a partner by your side. I get it, it comes with dedication and lots of hard work. I know the amount of passion that must go into a relationship even without the feelings. But yet i have no clue. In our culture we decide who is 'hot' or 'not' or if they have that 'spark' within the first few minutes of meeting someone or it's a No. they just don't feel it for you. I tend to hear that a lot, like a lot. I get friend-zoned to a tee. But aren't we the type of girls you should be with anyways. but oh yeah, I'm not that type of hot or I don't have that spark you so called think you deserve. But really, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. what is beauti...
Be still and know that I am God. If we quiet our minds and listen, He is always speaking. It was such a rad weekend with an amazing group of people. The group was well connected, I loved the girls I roomed with in the sugar shack, and even though we had a few delays with warmer tempts and the wind knocking the power out, it still lead to a good time on the slopes. I honestly really prayed for this trip. Since I was really sick last year, and some girl drama, I really wanted this trip to be unique and well processed. God out did it. I know being an introvert is hard in larger groups, it can be harder to be yourself, but I still enjoyed being around everyone and being involved. I didn't get to go into town this time, but we did end up going to a Maple syrup farm and learned how they make it in Vermont, as well as cheese. It was really cold, but interesting. Then spent some time hanging out at the lodge. I was a bit disappointed in myself for not going on more runs. I know ...
Comments
Post a Comment